12 family-friendly ways to usher in the New Year in style… (*updated for 2019-2020*)
1. Whether you plan to brave or escape the fireworks at midnight, the South Bank Centre’s Southbank Centre Winter Festival offers kids’ shows, outdoor market, rooftop garden and more to put all the family in a festive mood.
2. Get your tongue stuck to the ice (kidding, don’t lick the ice) at the Magical Ice Kingdom in Hyde Park Winter Wonderland.
3. Groove on at a silent disco in Greenwich at their Greenwich Winter Time festivities (until Dec 31)
4. If you haven’t seen it yet, take your brood to see Call of the Wild, out in UK cinemas.
5. Tuck into a family friendly Medieval Banquet at St Katharine Docks complete with jousting, jugglers and serving wenches!
6. Swing high above the city in the Emirates Air Line Cable Car and wave farewell to London 2019!
7. Shop for party trinkets against the backdrop of Tower of London and Tower Bridge at Christmas by the River at More London (until Jan 3)
8. Toast to 2020 with afternoon tea in a tropical oasis (add unlimited Prosecco for extra sparkle) at the Barbican Centre Conservatory (ongoing)
9. Kids run out of steam? Get an early night and be up early for the New Year Steam Day on the Epping-Ongar Railway, heritage steam and diesel train rides (Jan 1)
10. Follow an illuminated trail at Kew gardens.
11. Pop out for an afternoon/evening of pizza and ping pong at Bounce London (from £10, ongoing)
More Christmas and New Year’s Fun
31 Ideas for New Year’s Eve (with Kids) (updated for 2019)
Best Festive Family Theatre (many shows playing through January 2020)
Top 150 Family Films with lots of festive favourites!