The youngster is 14. As usual, we sat down for his annual 20 birthday interview questions. A few years back, Jed took the time to interview me on my birthday. Today it’s his turn to sit in the hot seat. It always fascinates me seeing how his answers change (or stay the same) year after year.
If you’ve been following the birthday Q&A series, you can read on to find out what’s new with his music and movie picks and if he’s still wishing for 3 more wishes (spoiler: yup).
For his birthday, I got him a copy of The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole aged 13 and 3/4. It’s mind-boggling to think that not only is he older than Adrian Mole but he’s also older than I was when I first read it. Hope he enjoys it as much as I did (I can’t wait to read it again). Without further ado, here’s Jed’s birthday interview.
20 Birthday Interview Questions for Jed at 14
1. What is your favourite colour? Red.
2. What is your favourite toy? My PS5.
3. What is your favourite fruit? Grapes.
4. What is your favourite film? Whiplash or Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.
5. What is your favourite thing to eat for lunch? A toastie.
6. What is your favourite outfit? I don’t know. Hoodie and trousers?
7. What is your favourite game? Probably Apex (this answer gets a high five from his big bro).
8. What is your favourite snack? Walkers Sensations Thai Sweet Chilli.
9. What is your favourite animal? (thinks long and hard) Maybe a panda?
10. What is your favourite song? Yale by Ken Carson.
11. What is your favourite book? Crossover by Kwame Alexander.
12. Who is your best friend? Too many. Marlo, Cruz, Johnny, Henok… what am I just going to have to name all my friendship group?!
13. What is your favourite cereal? Cheerios.
14. What is your favourite thing to do outside? Play football or basketball.
15. What is your favourite drink? Water.
16. What is your favourite holiday? Jamaica.
17. What do you like to do first thing in the morning? Lay in bed.
18. Who is your favourite footballer? (ponders deeply) I guess Martin Ødegaard or Bukayo Saka.
19. If you could have any 3 wishes granted, what would they be? a) Be rich. b) Get Messi’s footballing ability. c) Get 3 more wishes.
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? No idea.
Happy birthday Jed. I continue to be astonished by how fast the years keep flying and how you are still the same beautiful, cuddly, smart, kind-hearted, hilarious, cheeky as anything boy. You bring all of us so much joy. It’s a delight to know you and be your mother. Love, Mum x
Do you want to ask your own child 20 questions on their birthday? Download this 20 Birthday Questions template or just create your own!
Aww beautiful Jed is 14! How? Love Adrian Mole, you’ve inspired me to dig out my dog eared copy. Jamaica is my fave country too. What a wise and wonderful boy you have there, like his brother. I just want to stop time!!! Lots of love and Happy birthday to your sweet young man xx
your DIY family
Happy, happy birthday to Jed! Cannot believe he’s 14 but he still has the cutest baby face – don’t tell him I said that! Love the birthday Q&A as always. xx