Go Jeddy… it’s your 13th birthday. Whaaaaaat??? I’m not going to recover from the fact that you’re now a teenager — even though we’ve all been anticipating this day for what feels like months. Last week, you told me: ‘Mum, in about 5 days, I’ll no longer be a child.’ I reminded you that you are still technically a child and that you will forever be my baby. My squish.
You are turning into such a sharp, ever handsome, kind and decent young lad. Later today, just like with Ezra three years ago, your dad will take you to the barber’s for your first official haircut. Tomorrow, instead of a big party you’ve asked to play basketball and football with some mates, followed by a cheeky Nando’s. And now, it’s time for your 13th birthday interview. Happy birthday, our Jedi.
20 Questions for Jed on his 13th Birthday
1. What is your favourite colour? Red.
2. What is your favourite toy? My Xbox and Switch, I guess.
3. What is your favourite fruit? Tangerines or grapes.
4. What is your favourite film? Black Panther.
5. What is your favourite thing to eat for lunch? Fry up.
6. What is your favourite outfit? My Donovan Mitchell basketball jersey. I’m gonna wear my new basketball trainers with it.
7. What is your favourite game? I like a lot of them, mostly just shooters. Overwatch and Apex.
8. What is your favourite snack? Chocolate chip cookies.
9. What is your favourite animal? Ox. Because I’m Year of the Ox. I also like tigers and cheetahs.
10. What is your favourite song? Maybe Black by Dave.
11. What is your favourite book? The Crossover by Kwame Alexander. I also liked Ghost (by Jason Reynolds). And the book I got for Christmas about Jerome Jackson (Striking Out by Ian Wright and Musa Okongwa).
12. Who is your best friend? I don’t know, I have too many friends. I guess Marlo, Cruz, Tom, Henok, Amir, Lucas, Johnnie and Aran… not the Johnny you’re thinking of by the way. I’m still friends with him but I mean Nigerian Johnnie.
13. What is your favourite cereal? Crispy Minis. Definitely not Coco Pops.
14. What is your favourite thing to do outside? Play football and basketball.
15. What is your favourite drink? Shaken Udder chocolate milkshake.
16. What is your favourite holiday? Probably Antigua. In terms of holiday times, it’s Christmas. Although summer holidays are great.
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Me, myself and I.
18. Who is your favourite footballer? Bukayo Saka and Emile Smith Rowe. Also like Phil Foden.
19. If you could have any 3 wishes granted, what would they be? a) Infinite wishes b) Happiness c) World peace.
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? I don’t know. I wouldn’t mind being like a journalist or a screenwriter, something like that (Mum: Yay!!!!).
We love you so much Jed. You crack us up daily and you still give the best cuddles. May this next phase of your journey to adulthood be everything you’ve imagined and more. #WakandaForever
Do you want to ask your own child 20 questions on their birthday? Download this 20 Birthday Questions template or just create your own!