One more year and he will be a teenager. How did we get here?! Anyone who’s been following Babes About Town since the beginning will remember Jed as a nipper. You will have read his 20 Birthday Questions over the years and watched him grow from babyhood until he entered secondary in September. It’s been a big transition and he’s handled it smoothly, keeping his cool (mostly) through homeschooling in a pandemic.
Our emo gangster from toddlerhood, Jed can be super chill or super hectic but he’s always pure sweetness at heart. I love reading his birthday interview every year and seeing what’s changed and what’s stayed the same. He’s still obsessed with football but is also open to a career in journalism. Black Panther is still his favourite film. Read on.
20 Questions for Jed on his 12th Birthday
1. What is your favourite colour? Red. And blue.
2. What is your favourite toy? Nintendo Switch.
3. What is your favourite fruit? Melon.
4. What is your favourite film? Black Panther.
5. What is your favourite thing to eat for lunch? Pancakes *laughs* (we made pancakes for brunch since it’s also Pancake Day today). No, bacon sandwich. Both.
6. What is your favourite outfit? I like the tracksuit Dad just bought me. I like the jumper you got me, the Real Madrid one and the Arsenal one you got me.
7. What is your favourite game? Super Mario Odyssey which you just got me. Sometimes I play Fortnite. And Rocket League. I also like Throw Throw Burrito (board game).
8. What is your favourite snack? *Ponders for a really long time*. Sensations Thai Sweet Chilli crisps.
9. What is your favourite animal? I like tigers. I also like rabbits.
10. What is your favourite song? No idea. (Mum: No idea? Give me at least one song that you like then.) Funky Friday by Dave and also Thiago Silva.
11. What is your favourite book? It’s hard to say. I liked Ghosts (by Jason Reynolds).
12. Who is your best friend? I have many friends, I don’t want to pick a best one. Atti, Thomas, Marlo, Hector, Zach, Larry, Arber, Cruz, Raphael, Kopa… that’s just a few of my friends. Kopa has the same birthday as me.
13. What is your favourite cereal? Crispy Minis *cheesy grin*. (Mum: sigh).
14. What is your favourite thing to do outside? Play football. What else?
15. What is your favourite drink? Vanilla milkshake.
16. What is your favourite holiday? Antigua. I also liked Croatia, Canada, Italy, Nigeria and Spain was ok too.
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Me, myself and I.
18. Who is your favourite footballer? I like Mbappé and Rashford and Aubamayeng and Lacazette.
19. If you could have any 3 wishes granted, what would they be? a) Happy life b) Professional footballer c) Unlimited wishes.
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? I’d like to be a footballer, that would be fun. If not, then maybe a journalist like a reporter. Or maybe a sports agent.
Happy birthday to a wonderful, wacky and wise little guy who is growing up way too fast for my liking. We are so lucky to have you in our lives. Stay cuddly, always. Love you so much, Mum x
Do you want to ask your own child 20 questions on their birthday? Download this 20 Birthday Questions template or just create your own!