Fifteen today. I’m still reeling. I swear I feel 15 on the inside so it blows my mind that I’m the mother of a boy in his middle teens.
Ezra is no longer my babe about town (always my babe at heart) and doesn’t feature on the blog the way he used to. However, he’s happy to carry on our family tradition of a birthday interview every year.
I’ve been doing these Birthday Q&As since he was 9 and it’s such fun to compare and contrast the answers as he grows. Quesadillas are back on his favourites menu, Pooh Bear has been well and truly shelved (*sniffles*), and football is his game for life.
Without further ado, here’s Ezra’s 15th birthday interview.
20 Questions for Ezra on his 15th Birthday
1. What is your favourite colour? Yellow.
2. What is your favourite toy? Xbox.
3. What is your favourite fruit? Pink Lady Apples. And grapes.
4. What is your favourite film? Too many to choose one. I don’t have a favourite, but Ben Stiller movies are funny as hell.
5. What is your favourite thing to eat for lunch? I like quesadillas.
6. What is your favourite outfit? Something black, usually.
7. What is your favourite game? What kind of game? (*ponders*) That’s a tough one. My favourite all-time game has to be FIFA.
8. What is your favourite snack? Biscuits and milk, preferably cookies.
9. What is your favourite animal? I’ve never thought about that, I have no clue. Basically cubs or puppies are really cute.
10. What is your favourite song? Thiago Silva by Dave. That’s such a timeless banger.
11. What is your favourite book? I really enjoyed The Borribles trilogy actually.
12. Who is your best friend? I have too many friends, I don’t have a best friend. I’m actually quite close with a lot of the people from primary still.
13. What is your favourite cereal? That’s gonna have to be Crispy Minis. (Me: You say that every year even though I never let you have them. Ezra: I know, you’re so peak! They’re so nice.)
14. What is your favourite thing to do outside? Play football. I mean, come on. It’s not gonna change. Has there been any year when I’ve not said that? You might as well have that pre-filled.
15. What is your favourite drink? It’s gonna have to be a nice hot cup of tea. i’m not as obsessed with apple juice any more.
16. What is your favourite holiday? Christmas. Obviously. Come on. There’s no redeeming qualities to the other holidays (I kinda just trashed Easter and Halloween etc.).
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Nothing. Pooh has been evicted. I’m joking, he has his own place now (on the shelf).
18. Who is your favourite footballer? Recently, it’s gonna have to be Bukayo Saka.
19. If you could have any 3 wishes granted, what would they be? 1.) Donald Trump and Putin just gone for life. 2.) World equality, encompassing world peace and everything. 3.) Unlimited wishes.
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? I’ve got absolutely no idea.
Wow. I remember when I wrote you this letter when you turned 8 and I couldn’t believe you were halfway to 16. Now it’s just a year away. We will throw you an epic 16th party to make up for having your previous birthday in lockdown.
Happy 15th Birthday, Ezra. When I look back at photos taken over the years of this handsome, cool, hilarious, whip-smart, hard-headed and kind-hearted young man, all I can feel is absolutely privileged to call myself your mum.
Hope the year ahead brings you joy, even in the quiet moments. Love you loads x
Do you want to ask your own child 20 questions on their birthday? Download this 20 Birthday Questions template or just create your own!
Inspired by Reaves Party of Four blog. Check out her book – 20 Questions: The New Birthday Interview Book for Kids