So our birthday hat trick wraps up with my little guy turning 11 today. Can you imagine? the baby who was just a year old when I started this blog is now a strapping lad about to enter secondary school in September! Jed has had an epic 11th birthday so far with his best friends round for another sleepover, plus all the usual cake, goodies and mayhem.
In fact, it’s been a pretty great week since he was top scorer for his school team at a tournament (they came second!) and he’s off with the Babe Papa to watch Arsenal today. You’ll see football is still his main passion… find out what’s new in his 11th birthday interview.
20 Questions for Jed on his 11th Birthday
1. What is your favourite colour? Red and blue.
2. What is your favourite toy? Football.
3. What is your favourite fruit? Recently I’ve liked mangoes but I also like watermelon, bananas and tangerines.
4. What is your favourite film? Black Panther or Spiderman: Into the Spider-Verse
5. What is your favourite thing to eat for lunch? Quesadilla and bacon sandwich (still)
6. What is your favourite outfit? It’s hard to choose. Maybe my Nike tracksuit and I like the Gryffindor t-shirt that I just got for my birthday.
7. What is your favourite game? FIFA.
8. What is your favourite snack? I like these milk chocolate rice cakes (currently crunching through a pack).
9. What is your favourite animal? Just because they’re so cute, I like bunny rabbits. But I do like humans too (laughs).
10. What is your favourite song? Probably The Box by Roddy Rich.
11. What is your favourite book? I like Beetle Boy and Wonder, those are probably my two favourite books. But I also like the Harry Potter series.
12. Who is your best friend? Probably Atti, Thomas and Zack.
13. What is your favourite cereal? I don’t eat cereal that much but I like Weetabix.
14. What is your favourite thing to do outside? Play football. Or watch football.
15. What is your favourite drink? Water. (Mum – nice choice).
16. What is your favourite holiday? I like Antigua, because we won it. And I always like to go to Nigeria. Croatia was very fun as well.
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? My pillows and my blankets. And occasionally Appa (teddy he got for his 10th birthday).
18. Who is your favourite footballer? Either Gabriel Martinelli or Jaden Sancho. (Mum: Is that because your haircut is a bit like Sancho’s? Jed: No! I just like him and he’s only 19.)
19. If you could have any 3 wishes granted, what would they be? a) For there to be peace all around the world so there’s no more wars b) to get a different US president c) and more wishes.
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? I have no idea.
You have always been the kindest and quirkiest of us all (Ezra says you’re 3/4 maniac!), plus you’re hilarious to boot. I’m so excited to see what this year will bring. May the force stay strong with you always, little Jedi. Happy 11th birthday. Love, Mum x
Do you want to ask your own child 20 questions on their birthday? Download this 20 Birthday Questions template or just create your own!