Double digits, baby. My little one is a tween. How in the heck did that happen?
My sister sent over pictures from your first few days out of hospital and it’s hard to believe 10 years have flown by since I held that beautiful, chubby-cheeked munchkin in my arms.
You are still beautiful and chubby-cheeked. And getting taller, more rugged and rascally by the day.
Actually, you’ve always been a rascal. Quick with the comebacks. Banter off the charts.
Ezra: ‘I scored a hat trick against Thomas’ dad and he’s a professional goalie!’
Jed: ‘Well. He retired at 28. Now he’s 44.’
– Jed, age 7
‘I really appreciate all my presents, Mum.’
‘Aww, I’m so glad you like them.’
‘I didn’t say I like them. I said I appreciate them.’
‘Just kidding, I love them.’
– Jed, age 10
Your quirky sense of humour cracks us up, on the daily.
‘Look at this nail. It’s only a matter of time before my whole thumb falls off. True facts.’
– Jed, age 9
At the core, you are extraordinarily kind and sweet. A charmer like your papa, you can sweep me off my feet in one breath.
‘Mum, I wish I was a rocket. Shall I tell you why? Because I would put you in me and fly you to the moon and you would be the first woman to walk on the moon.’
– Jed, age 8
LL Cool Jed. The ladies love you, but we love you more. Over to you, for the official 10th Birthday Q&A.
20 Questions for Jed on his 10th Birthday
1. What is your favourite color? Blue and red.
2. What is your favourite toy? My football.
3. What is your favourite fruit? Banana and tangerine.
4. What is your favourite film? Black Panther. Wakanda forever!
5. What is your favourite thing to eat for lunch? Bacon sandwich.
6. What is your favourite outfit? Wakanda t-shirt (birthday gift).
7. What is your favourite game? Fortnite.
8. What is your favourite snack? Fortnite. No, I’m just kidding. My favourite snacks are Squares, salt and vinegar.
9. What is your favourite animal? Lion. (Mum – like me!)
10. What is your favourite song? It’s Not Unusual by Tom Jones (he likes doing the Carlton dance).
11. What is your favourite book? Jamie Johnson.
12. Who is your best friend? I have 3: Atticus, Thomas and Zack, in alphabetical order.
13. What is your favourite cereal? Crispy Minis (Mum – and I still don’t let you have them!)
14. What is your favourite thing to do outside? Play football, obviously.
15. What is your favourite drink? Vanilla milkshake and apple juice. Speaking of vanilla milkshake, could I have some today?
16. What is your favourite holiday? All of them are joint. Like Italy, the Caribbean, Canada… and Nigeria, obviously.
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Appa (soft toy from Avatar: The Last Airbender TV series).
18. Who is your favourite footballer? Lacazette.
19. If you could have any 3 wishes granted, what would they be? a) Be the best football player in the world b) Be immortal c) Unlimited wishes.
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? Footballer. And if not? *Thinks*… Footballer!
Happy birthday Jedidiah. You are awesome and we couldn’t ask for a better 10-year-old to be part of our crew. Love you to the moon and beyond.
We have such fun with this annual tradition! Do you want to ask your own child 20 questions on their birthday? Download our 20 Birthday Questions template or just create your own!
Or check out Reaves Party of Four’s 20 Questions: The New Birthday Interview Book for Kids