Step-free access. Those three words are like gold dust to metropolitan mums — especially those of us who’ve had to navigate the London underground with a stroller.
Back when I was still a pushy mama, I wrote a popular post called How to Get around London by Buggy. I gave my Top Tips for Buggies Travelling by Bus, Tube or Train and listed a few helpful resources for babes on board.
If only I’d had access then to Gobaby App, a simple service that has taken parents by storm since it launched earlier this year, to massive praise from media and the audience that matters most – fellow mums!
Gobaby App is an essential new app for London parents (available for both iPhone and Android devices) that meticulously details step-free London Underground, Overground and DLR stations and more than 1,000 nearby baby changing spots including cafes, libraries, museums, restaurants and retailers.
Since its launch October, Gobaby App has ranked in the Top 10 Lifestyle Apps in the App Store and has featured on more than 20 Parenting sites including The Guardian’s Top 20 Apps of the Week.
Just last month, Gobaby launched an update featuring a snowy home screen to celebrate the holidays and including all Boots Pharmacies across Greater London, for an easier day out for parents this winter.
Gobaby developer and new mum Jen Corlew created the app after struggling with her baby and pram while out in London during maternity leave.
“I want to help other new parents enjoy London, not face a stressful and sometimes smelly journey with their babies and buggies,” she said. “Now I’ve included Boots Pharmacies for parents dealing with unexpected colds and other winter illnesses.”
I still don’t understand the wizardry behind this technology or how Jen has managed to track down every single staircase and every available baby-changing spot around town. Like, what?
All I know is that this lady has achieved an awesome feat and she deserves, if not the Queen’s honours come New Year, at the very least a high five from anyone who’s ever risked their neck trying to get their babies from A to B!
Gobaby’s features include:
• More than 200 Boots Pharmacies across Greater London.
• Find easily London Overground, Underground, and DLR stations that are stair free or with lifts, escalators or more than 10 stairs with Live Service Updates* for a faster journey.
• Locate instantly more than 1,000 baby changing locations across Greater London including cafes, restaurants, libraries, museums, and retailers for easy access to the nearest baby changing places and step-free London Tube, DLR and Overground stations, zones 1-9.
• Search locations in List View or pull up your Favourite locations without Internet access while you’re on the go.
• Get social by sharing, adding or reviewing the best baby-friendly London locations to help other parents.
Download Gobaby App for less than the price of a cuppa and save yourself a ton of stress when you’re next rolling with your babes about town!
Gobaby App is available on the AppStore and Google Play for £1.49. For more please visit www.gobabyapp.com/blog and Twitter @gobabyapp or find Gobaby on Facebook and LinkedIn