This guy. Beautiful since birth. Emo thug. A heartbreaker and a hurricane.
There is nobody quite like Jed, even though he stays twinning with his big bro. It’s been 9 magnificent years of soulful stares, cheeky grins and Jedi mind tricks. The force remains strongest with our youngest, the original Jedi master.
Jed is tricky with numbers and has a wicked way with words. He can totally floor you with the lyrics.
‘Mum, I wish I was a rocket. Shall I tell you why? Because I would put you in me and fly you to the moon and you would be the first woman to walk on the moon.’ – Jed, 25/11/12
And his banter is off the hook.
Jed: Heads or tails.
Ezra: Your face.
Jed: Well, that’s heads. (flips coin). Tails. You lose.
I’m beyond proud of his budding poetry skills.
Today, we celebrate Babe 2 as he enters his final year before double figures. He’s got a birthday sleepover with a couple of buddies, plus trip to Wakanda to see Black Panther. Boom!
This is our last Birthday Interview for February 2018. I enjoy comparing these to previous years. Bacon sandwich is back in the game, Tom Gates and Wimpy Kid are still crushing it. And, as ever, he’s got one thing on the brain. Eat, sleep, FOOTBALL, repeat.
20 Questions for Jed on his 9th Birthday
1. What is your favourite color? Blue and red.
2. What is your favourite toy? Appa (9th birthday gift, the flying bison from top animated series Avatar: The Last Airbender). Also Moomoo and Baby Pooh.
3. What is your favourite fruit? Melon.
4. What is your favourite film? Black Panther. I’ve not watched it yet but it’s still my favourite film.
5. What is your favourite thing to eat for lunch? Bacon sandwich.
6. What is your favourite outfit? Batman and Chewbacca sleep suits (Christmas and 9th birthday gifts).
7. What is your favourite game? Minecraft Storymode. I just don’t play it as much as Overwatch because you can actually finish it. Ok I’m kidding, it’s Overwatch.
8. What is your favourite snack? *pensive face* Hobnob bars. No, Nature Valley. And Hobnob biscuits. And Milk Chocolate Digestives. (Mum – ok stop!)
9. What is your favourite animal? Flying bison (laughs).
10. What is your favourite song? *strokes chin* Man’s Not Hot, because there’s no other song I can think of right now.
11. What is your favourite book? Tom Gates series and Diary of a Wimpy Kid.
12. Who is your best friend? Can I say 3? Atticus, Thomas and Zack. If I had a fourth, Jeevan.
13. What is your favourite cereal? Crispy Minis. (Mum – you never eat these. Jed – that’s because you never buy it. Ezra -because you’re cruel).
14. What is your favourite thing to do outside? Football.
15. What is your favourite drink? Milk, and apple juice.
16. What is your favourite holiday? Summer holidays.
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Appa, Moomoo and Baby Pooh.
18. Who is your favourite footballer? I don’t know. In Arsenal? I don’t know because Arsenal’s just terrible.
19. If you could have any 3 wishes granted, what would they be? a) Be a football player b) Be the best football player in the world. c) And be the best Genji (Overwatch character) in the world.
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? Football player.
Can he kick it? Yes he can. Love you so much, J. Happy 9th Birthday!
‘Certified 3/4 Maniac’ T-shirt designed by Auntie Mira. Quote by Ezra.
Do you want to ask your own child 20 questions on their birthday? Download this 20 Birthday Questions template or just create your own!
You can even buy Reaves Party of Four’s 20 Questions: The New Birthday Interview Book for Kids