EZ. Mr Cheeks. Big Man. When I started this blog, you were just 4 years old. When you turned 8, I thought you were so grown. Now look at you. On the cusp of teendom. Handsome and ting.
My heart nearly burst as you breezed into secondary school. You’re on the school football team, picking up Mandarin and drumming, making loads of new friends. Even though your chat back is bare long, bruv, I’m gonna stay calm so long as you’re still getting A’s in English. Ya get me, fam.
I can’t wait to see how your 12th birthday year — or as you prefer, the 12th chapter of your story — will unfold. Your 11th year was pretty outstanding.
So here we go, another birthday Q&A. I love comparing these year after year. Grapes seem to have fallen out of favour, pasta and the colour yellow are hanging tight. And I’m pleased to see you’re still best buds with Pooh Bear. Over to you, E.
20 Questions for Ezra on his 12th Birthday
1. What is your favourite color? Still yellow.
2. What is your favourite toy? X Box or Spuddie (birthday gift). Or Pooh. All of them combined.
3. What is your favourite fruit? Grapes. Actually not anymore. CoOp have ruined grapes (he complains about the tiny seeds lol).
4. What is your favourite film? I have no idea. Last year? Thor was pretty good.
5. What is your favourite thing to eat for lunch? Cheese toastie. I’m joking. Pasta with pesto.
6. What is your favourite outfit? My Xbox legend hoodie (birthday gift).
7. What is your favourite game? Overwatch, Fortnight or… Overwatch.
8. What is your favourite snack? Cheese toastie. I’m joking! (new obsession alert). Peanut butter and jam sandwich.
9. What is your favourite animal? Huskies. They’re so cute! And I’m a husky too. (How?!) My G, Ezra the husky (his uncle Obi’s dog, yup, named Ezra by his little cousin!).
10. What is your favourite song? I don’t know! Top three off my playlist? King of the North by Bugzy Malone, Rock your Body by Justin Timberlake and Can’t Feel My Face by The Weeknd.
11. What is your favourite book? Too many! The Jamie Johnson series was good. Who Let the Gods Out was pretty good.
12. Who is your best friend? Probably Joseph or Kalan. I don’t really have a best friend from secondary, just a bunch of friends and some are more my friends than others.
13. What is your favourite cereal? Crispy Minis. Which you never let us have!
14. What is your favourite thing to do outside? Play football. Like you even need to ask!
15. What is your favourite drink? Probably like some sports drink, orange flavoured, which is peng.
16. What is your favourite holiday? Probably the Caribbean. That was PENG.
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Pooh and now Spuddy.
18. Who is your favourite footballer? Don’t really have one. All of dem just want that money. But probably Aubameyang.
19. If you could have any 3 wishes granted, what would they be? a) World equality b) World peace c) To be a professional footballer.
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? A pro footballer. If not, probably some important guy with a suit. You know, where you feel cool and wear a suit, like maybe an estate agent. No, a football agent. I could be scouting players. Yeah, that would be sick.
Mum, I gave the black dog downstairs ‘the nod’. And he nodded back. – Ezra, 02/02/2018
Stay nutty, always, Ezra. Happy birthday, my gorgeous one. Love you scatter**.
Do you want to ask your own child 20 questions on their birthday? Download this 20 Birthday Questions template or just create your own!
You can even buy Reaves Party of Four’s 20 Questions: The New Birthday Interview Book for Kids
**Naija slang, not a typo!