So Birthday Season rolls on at Babes HQ as my youngest turns 8 today. I always joke that since Abiye gave me a home full of boys, I gave him a hat trick of Aquarians. Today we celebrate Jed, aka the Jedi master, the quirkiest of us all.
I’ve asked him 20 Birthday Questions as he starts his 8th chapter (as Ezra would say).
As always, I love comparing these answers with Jed’s 7th birthday interview. His favourite colours, cereal and footballer are hanging in there but, like Ezra, it seems he’s through with bacon sandwiches (well not totally, but bacon’s no longer tops). Sweetly, his best friends list has been the same for several years in a row.
20 questions, here we go!
20 Questions for Jed on his 8th Birthday
1. What is your favourite color? Red and blue.
2. What is your favourite toy? WWE figures.
3. What is your favourite fruit? Melon.
4. What is your favourite film? Rocky. No, Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them. Ok both, I have to add Rocky in there. I have to!
5. What is your favourite thing to eat for lunch? Mozzarella and pesto sandwich.
6. What is your favourite outfit? My Super Jed outfit (his superhero cape and cuffs with Jed logo). I wish I had a shirt of it.
7. What is your favourite game? WWE 2K 17. I just got it and it’s already my favourite game. It’s not even fully installed and I already beat Roman Reigns with AJ Styles (peers over). Are you writing that? Oh my God. (shakes head)
8. What is your favourite snack? Dairy Milk and Penguin Bars.
9. What is your favourite animal? Guinea pig. And sausage dogs!
10. What is your favourite song? Wow by Beck and It’s Tricky by Run DMC.
11. What is your favourite book? Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Tom Gates.
12. Who is your best friend? Atticus, Thomas and Zack. And Johnny. And Alex, I forgot Alex! It’s his birthday in 7 days.
13. What is your favourite cereal? Crunchy Nut and Weetabix.
14. What is your favourite thing to do outside? Football. It’s just football, football, football (gesticulates for emphasis).
15. What is your favourite drink? Wine (laughs). Tea and apple juice. And hot chocolate.
16. What is your favourite holiday? Italy, Spain and Scotland. And that we’re going to the Caribbean!
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Little Pooh. Although I’ve not seen him in ages! (try looking under your bed – Mum)
18. Who is your favourite footballer? Alexis Sanchez. I just like Dembele now, it’s gone back to Sanchez.
19. If you could have any 3 wishes granted, what would they be? a) To be a professional football player b) To be famous c) To be kind. I am kind though so that doesn’t really make sense. Maybe to see Arsenal play!
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? A football player.
Happy birthday, beautiful Jed. You crack us up, sometimes you rough things up (especially your poor brother), but you’re so sweet natured and still give the best cuddles in the world. I’m proud of the resilience you’ve shown in the past year, your maths brilliance, the fun you bring into our lives daily. There is nobody quite like you and that is a source of constant joy, wonder and amusement.
‘It’s much more fun being half maniac and half normal like me. I’d say Jed is three quarters maniac.’ – Ezra (May 10, 2016)
‘Mum, if I went on the rampage here I’d be asked to leave.’ – Jed, reading off a sign at the Inn at the Slaughters, Cotswolds (Aug 28, 2016)
We love you, mini rock star.
Do you want to ask your own child 20 questions on their birthday? Download this 20 Questions template or just create your own!
You can even buy Reaves Party of Four’s 20 Questions the New Birthday Interview Book for Kids