This is one of the posts I look forward to most each year. 20 Questions on Ezra’s 11th birthday, a blog tradition that I began a couple of years ago, after seeing the idea on Reaves Party of 4 blog. Every year, I ask my boys the same set of questions on their birthdays. It’s so interesting to see what’s changed since Ezra’s 10th Birthday Interview.
So what’s new with Ezra on his 11th birthday? Well, football and apple juice are still going strong. Bacon sandwiches have lost their grip on the lunch menu, in favour of plain old pasta. And he seems to have whittled his best friends down to one (although I have it on good authority that he still runs with the same crew).
Without further ado, I give you…
20 Questions for Ezra on his 11th Birthday
1. What is your favourite color? Yellow.
2. What is your favourite toy? I don’t even know! Pooh Bear.
3. What is your favourite fruit? Melon.
4. What is your favourite film? Rocky.
5. What is your favourite thing to eat for lunch? Pasta.
6. What is your favourite outfit? Hoodie and trackies.
7. What is your favourite game? FIFA 17.
8. What is your favourite snack? Even though I don’t have it often, Cinnamon Buns, they’re so nice.
9. What is your favourite animal? I actually genuinely cannot think of a favourite animal. I like dogs. I like lions. And I like guinea pigs.
10. What is your favourite song? Wow by Beck.
11. What is your favourite book? Tom Gates.
12. Who is your best friend? Mehmet.
13. What is your favourite cereal? Crunchy Nut.
14. What is your favourite thing to do outside? Football! Hellooo!!!
15. What is your favourite drink? Apple juice.
16. What is your favourite holiday? Italy.
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Same answer as Question 2. Pooh Bear.
18. Who is your favourite footballer? Sanchez. It’s got to be!
19. If you could have any 3 wishes granted, what would they be? a) World equality b) The ability to teleport c) To be able to clone yourself. I’d just stay at home and chill while my clone goes to school!
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? Footballer. If not, a basketball player. Basically, a baller!
Master of your own game, captain of your school football team, superhero (and occasional arch-nemesis) to your little brother. 11 years ago you turned my world inside out and you still bring us so much joy each day. Happy birthday, gorgeous boy!
‘I’m almost in the 11th chapter of my life. I like saying chapter instead of year. Because it’s my story.’ – Ezra, 12/1/2017
If you liked this post, why not check out my letter to Ezra on his 8th birthday? One of my all-time favourites.
Do you want to ask your own child 20 questions on their birthday? Download this 20 Birthday Questions template or just create your own!
You can even buy Reaves Party of Four’s 20 Questions: The New Birthday Interview Book for Kids