It’s hard to believe that a whole year has passed since I launched 20 Questions on Babes about Town. After reading about this wonderful tradition on Reaves Party of 4 blog, I decided to start asking the babes the same 20 questions about themselves every birthday. Such a simple but memorable way of marking the years as they zoom by.
What’s really fun is comparing today’s list with the 20 Questions for Ezra on his 9th Birthday.
In just 12 months, Ezra’s picks for favourite film and – most controversially – favourite fruit (sorry Pink Lady apples!) has changed. But when it comes to lunch, snacking and of course, football, he’s still pretty much the same little nut.
I’m still coming to terms with the idea that I’m the mother of a 10 year old. I am the mother of a 10 year old. Repeating it doesn’t make it sound more real, and yet here he is.
My beautiful boy.
10 years after they placed him in my arms, just 4 days before my birthday, he’s still the best gift a mum could wish for. So without further ado, I give you…
20 Questions for Ezra on his 10th Birthday
1. What is your favourite color? Yellow.
2. What is your favourite toy? WWE figures.
3. What is your favourite fruit? Melon. I love melon now. It’s so much better than watermelon!
4. What is your favourite film? Back to the Future Trilogy.
5. What is your favourite thing to eat for lunch? Bacon sandwich.
6. What is your favourite outfit? Arsenal kit.
7. What is your favourite game? Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare video game and Ludo (you can call it Steady On).
8. What is your favourite snack? Hula Hoops.
9. What is your favourite animal? Tiny little guinea pigs.
10. What is your favourite song? You can tell it’s not going to be a Justin Bieber song. Watch Me by Silento.
11. What is your favourite book? I’ve got to say the Harry Potter series. Some people say they hate the Harry Potter series and I’m like how? How?!
12. Who is your best friend? It’s going to have to be a list, not in order: Dylan, Wyndham, Emerson, Jim, Mehmet, Marcus, Jake and of course Phoenix!
13. What is your favourite cereal? Crunchy Nut.
14. What is your favourite thing to do outside? Football! Hellooo!!!
15. What is your favourite drink? Apple juice.
16. What is your favourite holiday? Corsica and Suffolk.
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Winnie the Pooh. I’m never going to chuck him away!
18. Who is your favourite footballer? Ronaldo.
19. If you could have any 3 wishes granted, what would they be? a) To be able to fly b) To be able to do a backflip c) To be the best footballer in the world!
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? A footballer.
Happy 10th birthday to our little rock star. It’s the end of an era and the beginning of an exciting new chapter in the Book of Ezra. I can’t wait to share more laughs, life lessons, and lyrical battles with you.
This is what I wrote for Ezra on his 8th birthday. Still one of my favourite posts.
Do you want to ask your own child 20 questions on their birthday? Download this 20 Birthday Questions template or just create your own!
You can even buy Reaves Party of Four’s 20 Questions: The New Birthday Interview Book for Kids