Birthday month at Babes HQ reaches its final peak with my little man turning 6 today! I’m honestly gobsmacked at how big he’s becoming and yet of course he’ll always be my babe about town.
We’re prepping for his pizza and bowling party later, but first Jed sat down to answer 20 Questions – a new birthday interview tradition that I plan to keep up with the kids every year. Ready, steady, roll!
20 Questions for Jed on his 6th Birthday
1. What is your favourite colour? Blue and Red
2. What is your favourite toy? WWE
3. What is your favourite fruit? Banana and tangerine
4. What is your favourite film? Paddington
5. What is your favourite thing to eat for lunch? Bacon sandwich
6. What is your favourite outfit? My birthday outfit (new Adidas tracksuit and football boots)
7. What is your favourite game? Minecraft (he just started playing it yesterday!)
8. What is your favourite snack? Kit Kat
9. What is your favourite animal? Chicken! (clucks like a chicken and giggles)
10. What is your favourite song? Black or White (Michael Jackson)
11. What is your favourite band? Talking Heads and A Tribe Called Quest and De La Soul
12. Who is your best friend? Zack and Alex and Thomas. And Johnny and… (Mum: alright you can stop there)
13. What is your favourite cereal? Shreddies
14. What is your favourite thing to do outside? Football
15. What is your favourite drink? Apple juice
16. What is your favourite holiday? Nigeria
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Teddies!
18. Who is your favourite footballer? Welbeck
19. If you could have any 3 wishes granted, what would they be? Games, go on a playdate with my friends, be a football player
20. What do you want for your birthday dinner? Pizza!
Happy birthday my beauty. You’re one of the funniest, coolest and cuddliest individuals I’ve had the pleasure to know and it’s our privilege watching you grow. I remember writing the post Bye Bye Baby when you turned 2 and it’s hard to believe so much time has passed. Four years on and my heart feels the same. Bye bye to babyhood, hello and hello again to my gorgeous boy. Stay lovely, always.
Do you want to ask your own child 20 questions on their birthday? Use this 20 Questions template or just create your own. You can also buy 20 Questions: The New Birthday Interview Book for Kids.