With the Royal Wedding just two years ago, the Diamond Jubilee in 2012, and a Royal Baby on the horizon, it seems like non-stop celebrations for the House of Windsor.
And the Queen’s about to get her fancy hat out again for the official 60th anniversary of her Coronation coming up in June.
Another Bank Holiday? We are amused.
To mark the occasion, Horlicks (one of my favourite bedtime tipples as a kid) has come up with a tasty twist on Coronation chicken, adding fresh mango to the mix of curry flavours and crispy salad.
I was invited to try out the recipe with my babes. The instructions below are easy peasy to follow and we had fun making this light, summery dish.
I must admit I was a touch skeptical about putting Horlicks in a salad, but combined with the mango and yoghurt/mayo mix (we used both) on chicken it turned out delicious. The babes munched it straight up — I barely got a look in!
Scroll further down to find out how you can win tickets for the Coronation Gala concert at Buckingham Palace in July!
Coronation Chicken Salad With Mango
375g-400g cooked chicken
½ mango, peeled and diced
For the dressing:
4 tsp Horlicks
2 tsp Curry paste
6 tbsp Mayonnaise or Greek yoghurt
½ mango , peeled and cubed
Juice ½ Lemon juice
Salt and pepper
1. Place all the dressing ingredients into a food processor and blitz until smooth.
2. Pour the dressing into a bowl.
3. Shred the cooked chicken and add to the dressing and mix gently to combine.
4. Place the shredded lettuce onto a serving plate add the chicken and garnish with diced mango.
**WIN TICKETS TO THE CORONATION GALA CONCERT AT BUCKINGHAM PALACE!**
Horlicks is giving away sets of 4 tickets to the afternoon garden party or sets of 2 tickets to the evening Coronation Gala concert at Buckingham Palace on July 12.
To be in with a chance of winning this spectacular prize, visit www.horlicks.co.uk/coronation–festival.
Competition closes on April 30 so don’t delay!
Three things you may not know about your favourite British drink:
1. Horlicks is a source of 12 essential vitamins and minerals, including Vitamins A, C, D & E, Zinc and Vitamin B6; making it a nourishing and delicious drink to keep your family strong and healthy
2. Horlicks is a rich source of calcium to help maintain healthy bones
3. Horlicks is free from artificial flavours, colours, sweeteners and preservatives
Kindly sponsored by Horlicks