Ready for 2013? What are you going to do with the kids on New Year’s Eve? Here are some suggestions for chilling, exploring or getting you in the party spirit. Have a good one!
1. Get down Olympic style at The Forge NYE party in Camden (no age restrictions)!
2. Come to a daytime Victorian Christmas Party at V&A Museum
3. There’s hip tunes and balloons at Midnight’s Pumpkin, Battersea Arts Centre
4. Boogie on back to the Michael Jackson era at Thriller Live
5. Sing your heart out at Lucky Voice or host a karaoke jam session in your own front room!
6. Say farewell to London 2012 from the Giant Observation Wheel at Hyde Park Wonderland
7. Go on a toddler Space Safari in Greenwich
8. Glide past history at Hampton Court Palace Ice Rink
9. Have a ‘block party’ at Legoland Windsor
10. Transform party horns into cute Barnyard Animal Blowers
11. Treat the kids to posh sundaes at The Parlour while you enjoy Prosecco with Bellini sorbet!
12. Try Walking with Dinosaurs at O2
13. Enjoy baby-friendly pampering at Independent Mind Body and Soul in SW London
14. Book into a room with a view to see the South Bank fireworks
15. Take the family for pizza and ice cream at Marine Ices, right between Primrose Hill and Parliament Hill for viewing fireworks later
16. Hear Jack Frost’s Christmas Adventure in St John’s Smith Square
17. Pop out for ping pong and pizza at Bounce London
18. Throw a retro games night with family friendly classics like Twister, (Junior) Monopoly, Ludo and Snap!
19. Marvel at the Hollywood Costume exhibition (closing January)
20. Feel the force of Slava’s Snow Show
21. Indulge in a Chic Chocoholic Afternoon Tea before you tighten the belt for 2013
22. Immerse yourself in the Rain Room at Barbican Centre
23. Lift your mood with the bounciest boys in town going Boing at Sadler’s Wells
24. Blow champagne bubbles to welcome in the New Year
25. See The Polar Express steam into BFI Imax
26. Hear the tale of how A Star is Born at Science Museum
27. Get front-row seats for Music & Dance at the Ballet at Barbican Centre
28. The Elves and the Shoemaker enchants little ones at Jacksons Lane
29. Exhaust the kids early while you relax with a coffee at Eddie Catz in south London
30. Head to Wembley Arena to see Mickey and mates skate in Disney on Ice
31. Start your own family New Year’s tradition — I’m gifting all the Babes with superhero underwear so we can have a kick-ass 2013!
Happy New Year!