The Jubilee Family Festival in Hyde Park and the Diamond Jubilee Festival in Battersea Park both SOLD OUT ahead of time, but there’s a gob-smacking range of activities to celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee this weekend. We’ve rounded up our top 20 Jubilee events for London kids and families.
Check out the official map showing where to watch the Thames River Pageant, either live or on a viewing screen.
If you’re keeping it local, check your community paper for notices of road closures. There are literally thousands of street parties around town! Have a fab one.
1. Golden Hinde Diamond Jubilee, 11am-1pm & 2-4pm (times vary), FREE, at Bankside, SE1 (London Bridge tube) (Jun 2-5)
2. Proud Camden Jubilee Jam, 12pm-late, FREE at the Stables Market, Chalk Farm Rd, NW1 (Camden Town tube) (Jun 2-5)
3. Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Fair, from 12pm daily, FREE at Lower Fairground Site, East Heath, Hampstead Heath, NW3 (Hampstead tube) (Jun 2-5)
4. Diamond Jubilee Celebration Weekend at Chelsea Physic Garden, 10am-10pm at 66 Royal Hospital Rd, SW3 (Sloane Square tube) (Jun 2-5)
5. Hampton Court Jubilee Garden Party, 10am-6pm at Hampton Court Palace (Jun 2)
6. Royal Rumpus, 12-4pm, FREE at V&A Museum of Childhood, Cambridge Heath Rd, E2 (Bethnal Green tube) (Jun 2-3)
7. Thames Diamond Jubilee River Pageant, Putney to Tower Bridge (Jun 3)
8. Balham Vintage Diamond Jubilee Street Market & Tea Party, 12-6pm, FREE at Hildreth St Market, Bedford Hill, SW12 (Jun 3)
9. Putney Jubilee Street Market, from 12pm, FREE at Church Square, Putney Bridge SW15 (Putney Bridge tube) (Jun 3)
10. Big Jubilee Lunch at Old Royal Naval College, 12-5pm, FREE, Greenwich SE10 (North Greenwich DLR) (Jun 3)
11. Diamond Jubilee Tea Party at Duke of York Square, 11am-6.30pm at King’s Rd, SW3 (Sloane Square tube) (Jun 3)
12. Jubilee Jazz Festival, 12-10pm at Strawberry Hill House, Waldegrave Rd, Twickenham TW1 (Jun 3-4)
13. Star of Bethnal Green Jubilee Street Party, 11am-9pm, FREE at Rushmead, E2 (Bethnal Green tube) (Jun 4)
14. Water Poet Diamond Jubilee Street Party, 12-6pm, FREE at 9-11 Folgate St, E1 (Aldgate East tube) (Jun 4)
15. Diamond Jubilee Garden Party, 6-8pm at Dulwich Picture Gallery, SE21 (West Dulwich rail) (Jun 4)
16. High Spirits Tea Party at Fenton House, 11am-4.30pm, Hampstead, NW3 (Hampstead tube) (Jun 4)
17. Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Family Festival, 3-10pm, FREE at Golders Hill Park, Hampstead Heath, NW3 (Jun 4)
18. Regal Regatta at National Gallery, 3-5pm, FREE at Trafalgar Square, WC2 (Charing Cross tube) (Jun 4-5)
19. Join the Jubilee at Kensington Palace, 11am-4pm daily at Kensington Gardens, W8 (High Street Kensington tube) (Jun 2-10)
20. Jubilee Family Fun at Tower of London, 11am-4pm daily at Tower Hill, EC3 (Jun 3-9)